Pro forma balance sheet Peabody & Peabody has 2015 sales of $10 million. It
wishes to analyze expected performance and financing needs for 2017, which is
2 years ahead. Given the following information, respond to parts a and b.
(1) The percents of sales for items that vary directly with sales are as follows:
Accounts receivable, 12%
Accounts payable, 14%
Net profit margin, 3%
(2) Marketable securities and other current liabilities are expected to remain
(3) A minimum cash balance of $480,000 is desired.
(4) A new machine costing $650,000 will be acquired in 2016, and equipment
costing $850,000 will be purchased in 2017. Total depreciation in 2016 is
forecast as $290,000, and in 2017 $390,000 of depreciation will be taken.
(5) Accruals are expected to rise to $500,000 by the end of 2017.
(6) No sale or retirement of long-term debt is expected.
(7) No sale or repurchase of common stock is expected.
(8) The dividend payout of 50% of net profits is expected to continue.
(9) Sales are expected to be $11 million in 2016 and $12 million in 2017.
(10) The December 31, 2015, balance sheet follows.
Assets Liabilities and stockholders’ equity
Cash $ 400 Accounts payable $1,400
Marketable securities 200 Accruals 400
Accounts receivable 1,200 Other current liabilities 80
Inventories 1,800 Total current liabilities $1,880
Total current assets $3,600 Long-term debt 2,000
Net fixed assets 4,000 Total liabilities 3,880
Total assets $7,600 Common equity 3,720
Total liabilities and
stockholders’ equity $7,600
Peabody & Peabody Balance Sheet December 31, 2015 ($000)
a. Prepare a pro forma balance sheet dated December 31, 2017.
b. Discuss the financing changes suggested by the statement prepared in part a.
Are you looking for a similar paper or any other quality academic essay? Then look no further. Our research paper writing service is what you require. Our team of experienced writers is on standby to deliver to you an original paper as per your specified instructions with zero plagiarism guaranteed. This is the perfect way you can prepare your own unique academic paper and score the grades you deserve.
Use the order calculator below and get started! Contact our live support team for any assistance or inquiry.[order_calculator]